Our National and State Parks are treasures – you will see amazing sites and there is plenty of recreation opportunities for everyone – The City of Rocks National Reserve has over 22 miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking or horseback riding…all set in a most amazing landscape! Explore the City of Rocks and its sister – Castle Rocks State Park right next door. The wildflowers are blooming at Craters of the Moon National Monument.
It is remarkable to see all the color softening the lava rock. It is construction season – if you are traveling eastbound to Craters of the Moon – take Highway 20 as Highway 93 from Shoshone to Carey is closed until July 6.The picture to the left is Earl M. Hardy Box Canyon Nature Preserve – this is one of nine units of Thousand Springs State Park. This is a great time of year to hike – it is warmer but not too hot. You will see the springs surrounded by a desert landscape. The path is steep – please use caution…and you can always take in the view from the overlook at the top. Ritter Island – another unit of Thousand Springs State Park is open.
The birds and the kids (of all ages) are eating the cherries – don’t you just love summer! This is a special place – don’t miss it – hours are 10 am – 3 pm seven days a week! Have you made plans for 4th of July – can you believe this All-American holiday is just around the corner….our Calendar of Events lists all the community celebrations in the area May we suggest….Buhl Sagebrush Days features a full day of events – starting with a fun run and then the parade and of course – food and fun all day in the park. Historic Downtown Twin Falls hosts the first-annual Quilt Walk – July 1 – 4; it is new this year – we hope to see you strolling Main Street to view the quilts displayed on storefronts.
- Albion State Normal School (closed), Albion
- Boise State University, Boise
- Idaho State University, Pocatello
- Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston
- University of Idaho, Moscow
- Boise Bible College, Boise
- Brigham Young University-Idaho, Rexburg
- The College of Idaho, Caldwell, formerly the Albertson College of Idaho (liberal arts college)
- Magic Valley Christian College (closed), Albion
- New Saint Andrews College, Moscow
- Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa (liberal arts college)
- College of Southern Idaho, Twin Falls
- College of Western Idaho, Nampa, Idaho
- Eastern Idaho Technical College, Idaho Falls
- North Idaho College, Coeur d’Alene